Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Winter

The air is frigid.  I woke up this morning to the sound of the air blowing through the vent above my bedroom.  I had forgotten my glasses in my car the night before and had decided to leave my contacts in my eyes.  My eyes were blurred and took forever to adjust to be able to see.  I had been told that if I left them in my eyes for too long, they would fuse to the outer tissue.  No fear; I had thought to myself.

I kicked my blue shirt off of the bed.  It was the one A.C. had gotten me in April for my birthday.  A momentary flash of memory blazed across my brain.  It's funny.  The rise and fall of something I thought was so great; Everyone has those right? Those quick and passionate relationships that burn out as fast as they fire up?

I apparently have a date with K. on Sunday for brunch and church.  It's not one that I'd particularly like to go to but the thought of brunch is enticing enough.  I still don't know if the physical tension between us could actually result in anything but to be honest, I really could care less.  I don't like eating alone and she's pretty, funny, and I feel like I could be my shithead self around her.

Eh.  It's Wednesday.  Happy Hump Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment